This is my personal weblog. The content within it is exactly that – personal, and intended for personal use. The views and opinions with this Blog represent my own and not those of other people, institutions or organizations I am affiliated with unless stated explicitly. I am not now, nor have I ever been affiliated with WordPress, Akismet, or AutoMattic, or any of their affiliates.
My views of five years or five minutes ago do not necessarily reflect my views right now. My thoughts and opinions and viewpoints will change as I learn more and develop my understanding of the things I am blogging about. I consider this a necessary consequence of having an open mind. I reserve the right to allow my viewpoints to evolve and to change my thoughts, viewpoints and opinions over time without assigning any reason.
I may on occasion post copyrighted material without specific authorization from the copyright owner. The use of any Trademark or Copyrighted material is not intended to infringe Copyright. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings. In all such cases, a conspicuous link will be provided to the source of the material. The Author of this Blog believes that this constitutes a “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this Blog are distributed without profit for research and educational purposes. If you see anything on this Blog that has not been properly attributed to its creator, please advise me and I will immediately rectify it. If a documented copyright owner so requests, I will remove their material from published display, however I reserve the right to provide a link to that material or to a source of that material.
All commenter contact information is regarded in the strictest confidence and is not lent, bought, sold or otherwise traded or passed to anybody.
I encourage you to post comments on my Blog. I do not expect everyone to agree with my viewpoint(s).
- Comment Form Guidelines: The comment form must be filled in with a proper or legitimate sounding name and email address. A website URL is optional. Comments using keywords, spam or splog-like URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form will be edited or deleted. Comments that in the blog owner’s opinion are made simply so that they can drive traffic to their blog or website will be edited or deleted.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared in any way [period]. They may be used by the blog owner to privately contact the commenter.
- Commenter Privacy and Protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within the blog comment. Sadly there are unscrupulous “things” out there with not-so-honorable intentions, and it is best not to feed those beasts.
- Language and Manners: This blog is “family friendly” and comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the blog owner and administrator to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice.
- A Comment is Conversation: A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted.
- Limit Links: This blog is setup to automatically hold any blog comment in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- How The Blogger Will Respond: Comments on this blog will only be responded to in direct response to the blog comment. The blogger will not respond privately via email or other communication method to a blog comment.
- Comments: At this time, all comments are held in the moderation queue for approval by the blog owner or administrator.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment on this blog and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact the blogger using the Contact navigation tab located at the top of all pages.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- Comment Spam: Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.
- All Rights Reserved: The blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. The blog owner also reserves the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Hold Harmless: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not the blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment on our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, Opposable Thumbz, the owner, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- Trackbacks Are Comments: All trackbacks will be treated in line with our comments policies.
Note: All policies are subject to change.